Friday 23 March 2012

Weekly Blog Project - Cutie Patootie Horseshoe


Here is this week's blog project, a wedding horseshoe made by Design Team Member, Heidi.

She has used our little Chimney Sweet 'Bert' from the 'Cutie Patootie' range, available to purchase Here .

Here are a list of ingredients to make the project :

MDF Horseshoe
White Decopatch Paint
'Chimney Sweep Bert' Little Claire stamp
Black & Pink Cardstock
Marianne Flower & Swirl Dies
MS Heart and Border Punches
MS Butterfly Punch
Woodware Leaf Punch
White Lace
Black & White Pearls
Black Tuxedo Momento Inkpad
Promarker Pens



Promarkers used :
Ice Grey I, Cool Grey 2, Warm Grey 3, Cool Grey 4, Tan, Putty & Almond

Here is how to make it :
(1) Firstly, paint the horseshoe back and front, giving several coats for coverage, leave overnight to dry. Give more coats if needed.
(2) Stamp out 'Bert' using a 'Momento' inkpad and colour in with Promarkers listed. Cut around the image.


(3) Pleat some lace and stick down to the black heart border covering the top.
(4) Layout elements onto horseshoe, when happy where placed, stick down using a strong glue.


(5) Thread longer piece of lace through holes in top of horseshoe and tie. Stick pink butterflies down and add black pearls.


Hope you have enjoyed the tutorial, please leave us a comment to let us know what you think.
Another blog project will be along next Friday.

8 comments:

  1. What a really sweet idea Heidi !! Love it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutly stunning,will definatly keep it in mind when making my brothers wedding card later this year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty I love it Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely project. I will be getting some of these stamps, I hope, when I visit Ally Pally next month all the way from my home in France. Thank you. Ann W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I love this, it is great. any chance you could let me know the web address of Mr MDF Man. Thank you very much Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous project!! I love that she has teamed the chimney sweep up with the horseshoe for that extra bit of good luck. Fabulous tutorial too. I am getting married this summer - I might need to leave this tutorial open on my laptop when my sister comes around!! xxx

    ReplyDelete